Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Finding tape numbers without starting a restore.

2003-07-25 11:31:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Finding tape numbers without starting a restore.
From: Louis-Luc Le Guerrier <leguerri AT Canr.Hydro.Qc DOT Ca> (Louis-Luc Le Guerrier)
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:31:18 -0400 (EDT)
Hello,
I'd like to know how to determine tape numbers needed without
initiating the restore, but via 'bpadm' or any other
text-based non-GUI form.
Now what I do is I have to initiate the restore, look up in
the logfile, kill the job, insert tapes needed, and redo the
restore over.
Anyone knows a better way?

Of course, I assume here the text-based interface is at
least equivalent to the Java interface regarding these
kind of features.
I'm currently using NB 4.5, and if it's not possible to
determine tape numbers w/o starting a restore in a text-based
interface, then I strongly recommend Veritas implement this
in their future release or service pack.

Some people here have low vision and use text-based
consoles to administer our servers.

Louis-Luc

ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS:

Markus,

If you are using jnbSA for restore, you can use preview button
which shows
you tape required without restoring the files.

Thanks,
Vivek

                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.

                    auburn.edu                           To:
  veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
                                                         cc:

                    07/22/2003 10:35 PM
Subject:     Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #2385 - 5 msgs
                    Please respond to veritas-bu