Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] write protect error message

2003-07-23 00:23:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] write protect error message
From: StarnetMRU AT cendris.co DOT uk (StarnetMRU)
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 05:23:32 +0100
Hi,
I am sending you this email cause I am having problems while loading sdlt tapes
(110-220 gb tapes), the problem is that there is write protect error message
being displayed several times.

Although the write protect tab is not unlocked the message is still displaying
write protect.

Can you please advise if there is any solution for this , cause I am not able
to do any backups on several tapes due to the error message.

I have even tried this onto another type of backups but still having write
protect.

Is there any chance that I could erase or do any operations on these tapes, can
I remove this write protection .

Please advise ASAP

Regards

Shan

Shan Lolldharowa \ Steevano Bastienne

      Communications Operator

    T  +44 (0) 230 234 1100
      F  +44 (0) 230 234 1111

    Customer Services T 0800 801 605
      Customer Services F 0207 250 0602

     Cendris
       Informatics Park
       La Tour Koenig
       Pointe Aux Sables
       MAURITIUS

       www.cendris.com <http://www.cendris.com/>

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of the
e-mail address to which it was addressed and may also be privileged.
If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may not copy, forward,
disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever.
If you have received this e-mail in error please report it to the postmaster
at <mailto:info AT cendris.co DOT uk>
Any views held by employees in this message do not necessarily represent the
views and opinions of CENDRIS Limited.