Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to force use of a certain tape?

2003-07-11 10:23:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to force use of a certain tape?
From: Nathan.Fisk AT roc.celltechgroup DOT com (Fisk, Nathan (ROC))
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:23:56 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C347B8.0FF8E430

I'm currently running an NDMP backup on our NAS with an NT Master Server,
and it's attached to a standalone drive. My problem is that whenever I run a
backup job, it tries to mount any one of the many unallocated tapes, which
is almost never the tape that I actually have in the drive. How do I make
the job automatically mount and use whatever tape is in the drive at the
time of backup?

-Nathan Fisk

The information contained in this email is intended for the personal and
confidential use of the addressee only. It may also be privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient then you are hereby notified that you
have received this document in error and that any review, distribution or
copying of this document is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify Celltech immediately on:
+44 (0)1753 534655, or email 'is AT celltech.co DOT uk'
Celltech Group plc
208 Bath Road, Slough, SL1 3WE, Berkshire, UK
Registered Office as above.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C347B8.0FF8E430

<HTML><HEAD>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=234501514-11072003>I'm
currently running an NDMP backup on our NAS with an NT Master Server, and it's
attached to a standalone drive. My problem is that whenever I run a backup job,
it tries to mount any one of the many unallocated tapes, which is almost never
the tape that I actually have in the drive. How do I make the job automatically
mount and use whatever tape is in the drive at the time of
backup?</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN
class=234501514-11072003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN
class=234501514-11072003>-Nathan Fisk</SPAN></FONT></DIV><FONT SIZE=3><BR>
<BR>
The information contained in this email is intended for the personal and
confidential use of the addressee only. It may also be privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient then you are hereby notified that you
have received this document in error and that any review, distribution or
copying of this document is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify Celltech immediately on:<BR>
+44 (0)1753 534655, or email 'is AT celltech.co DOT uk'<BR>
Celltech Group plc<BR>
208 Bath Road, Slough, SL1 3WE, Berkshire, UK<BR>
Registered Office as above.<BR>
</FONT>
</BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C347B8.0FF8E430--