Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Command line restores from a specific backup image?

2003-07-08 08:54:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Command line restores from a specific backup image?
From: david.chapa AT adic DOT com (David Chapa)
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 05:54:29 -0700
So you are browsing backups for restore (TIR), entering a date and its
not displaying the images you expect?

Remember that a TIR restore will look for the last full (regardless of
your range) which may be why you are seeing more images than you
anticipated.  Not that it will necessarily "use" everything it finds,
but it will display what is finds that fit your criteria.

I'm pretty sure that's the logic used when browsing backups for TIR
restore.

So, to answer  you question...I don't know of any undocumented command
with bprestore to do what you are asking, however, as you have already
eluded, if you convert the utime of the BID you will definitely narrow
it down to a particular backup image for a traditional restore request.

HTH

David