Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VLAN Backups Same as Fire Wall Configuration - think not

2003-07-01 11:49:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VLAN Backups Same as Fire Wall Configuration - think not
From: ekorkodilos AT cptech DOT com (Emmanuel Korkodilos)
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 11:49:02 -0400
I agree not quite sure what you are asking:

But, tp do this considering an 8 port switch with VLAN capability, the
NetBackup Master/Media  server is on Port 8

Port #  Member of VLAN #
Port 1          1
Port 2          1
Port 3          2
Port 4          2
Port 5          3
Port 6          3
Port 7          4
Port 8          1,2,3,4               <---- NBU Server is a member of ALL VLANs

This is a common setup I have implemented on Cisco switches many times and
it works

-Manny

Emmanuel Korkodilos
Senior Systems Consultant