Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Will NBU restore "AT" jobs to fully restored Wintel server?

2003-06-27 19:19:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Will NBU restore "AT" jobs to fully restored Wintel server?
From: james.c.siano AT lmco DOT com (Siano, James C)
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 19:19:33 -0400
Hello:

In my recent DR test of a Win2k box from tape, I failed to test if AT jobs
are restored.  (I had none on my test/web/app server).  in a full restore,
are AT jobs restored?   I didn't use Bare Metal or IDR

* Process:
        - Install base OS on alternate hardware using same IP address;
        partitioning and RAID configuration.  Similar RAID controller card
(Compaq).  Different Compaq agents.  No service packs, hot fixes, on OS
        - Install Veritas NetBackup client; patches
        - Perform a basic one file restore from NBU instance (ok)
        - Restore ALL DRIVES but SYSTEM STATE
        - Reboot

        - All applications worked correctly and test went well.

        I didn't' have any AT jobs on test DR box.

Will AT jobs return from the dead?

thanks
Jim