Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Bpstart_notify doesn't run with schduled backup or manual backup

2003-06-26 09:11:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Bpstart_notify doesn't run with schduled backup or manual backup
From: Ryan.Anderson AT udlp DOT com (Ryan Anderson)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:11:57 -0500
Make sure the script has the execute bit set. This _could_ be your problem.

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson
Unix Administrator

>>> "Emmanuel Korkodilos" <ekorkodilos AT cptech DOT com> 06/24/03 05:42AM >>>
bpstart_notify is a client side script. On unix it needs to be copied into
the /usr/openv/netbackup/bin directory on the client.

The policy.schedule notations as noted by Larry below is Case Sensitive.

so
                        bpstart_notify.mssrv2_clearcase.full
is different than
                        bpstart_notify.mssrv2_clearcase.Full

Make sure there are NO spaces in the class/policy name or Schedule names.

-Manny

Emmanuel Korkodilos
Senior Systems Consultant
Corporate Technologies, Inc