Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] IDR for Win2k SP3

2003-06-25 10:04:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] IDR for Win2k SP3
From: mma AT co.ba.md DOT us (Mark Ma)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:04:02 -0400

--=_124DD811.C3A26F0F

A little while ago, I've try the 3.4 DC IDR on NT4, there were all
working fine, but only 50/50 on Win2k's, it's also depend on the
Physical box, most likely, old Compaq has more chance to success, but
other like HP and Dell failed a lot.
Now, HP and Compaq so called HP_Compaq, and most of our server already
move to Win2k. Recovery seem to be more important. If restore a
production server from scratch, O/S along will take 1~2 hours including
all security patches, plus all apps and data, sometime you need restore
not one server but two or three or more. What a headache for admin!
We are 4.5 DC now, I'll try to again, hopefully, this time makes
difference.

-M

>>> "WEAVER, Simon" <Simon.WEAVER AT astrium-space DOT com> 6/25/2003 8:33:32
AM >>>

Guys
Just to let you know I just tried IDR on NT4 and it worked absolutely
fine!!
Without any troubles at all!

How odd!! Like it was mentioned earlier, it is probably looking for
the
drivers for the Hard Drive (Being a HP Server with HP SmartStart
installed!)

Simon Weaver
NT Domain Administrator
Ext. 5544