Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Software for Desktops

2003-06-25 11:34:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Software for Desktops
From: Keath.Marx AT Anthem DOT com (Marx, Keath)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:34:23 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C33B2E.FB4E7BE8

I backup 30 machines with my standard Netbackup Datacenter implementation.
We could not afford to invest in a separate platform for the workstations so
we added them in.  Licensing was around $50 each machine.  Not too shabby.
Of course now performance is not anything to be ecstatic about.  I get less
than 1 meg a second from each machine.  The workstations are connected
10/full generally and master/media is gigabit.

Keath Marx
SELC
Anthem Southeast
804 354-3282
keath.marx AT anthem DOT com

                This message, including files attached to it, may contain
confidential information that is intended only for the use of the
ADDRESSEE(S) named above. If you are not an intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of the information
contained in this message, or the taking of any action in reliance upon the
information, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message from your
system. Thank you.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C33B2E.FB4E7BE8

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.5.2656.13">
<TITLE>RE: [Veritas-bu] Backup Software for Desktops</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I =
backup 30 machines with my standard Netbackup Datacenter =
implementation.&nbsp; We could not afford to invest in a separate =
platform for the workstations so we added them in.&nbsp; Licensing was =
around $50 each machine.&nbsp; Not too shabby.&nbsp; Of course now =
performance is not anything to be ecstatic about.&nbsp; I get less than =
1 meg a second from each machine.&nbsp; The workstations are connected =
10/full generally and master/media is gigabit.</FONT></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><A NAME=3D"_MailAutoSig"><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Keath Marx</FONT></A></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">SELC</FONT></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Anthem =
Southeast</FONT></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">804 =
354-3282</FONT></P>

<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">keath.marx AT anthem DOT com</FONT></P>
<UL><UL>
<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Comic Sans =
MS">This message, including files attached to it, may contain =
confidential information that is intended only for the use of the =
ADDRESSEE(S) named above. If you are not an intended recipient, you are =
hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of the information =
contained in this message, or the taking of any action in reliance upon =
the information, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this =
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the =
message from your system. Thank you.</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT> </P>
</UL></UL>
<P ALIGN=3DLEFT></P>

</BODY>