Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restoring MS-Exchange data from NetBackup

2003-06-21 10:46:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restoring MS-Exchange data from NetBackup
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 09:46:11 -0500
--=_alternative 005125EC86256D4C_=

yeah, this is stupid. it's just a weird GUI.  I wish they would change it
to allow you to select the Policy type in an earlier window.

open the backup/restore GUI.  click File, Specify NetBackup Machines.
Server tab should show the Master.  Now click on Clients tab... just a
list of clients. this client should be selected as CURRENT. Now, close
that window.

Click Select For Restore to open the restore list of C:\, etc. (what
you're already seeing).  With this window still open, go back and click
File, Specify NetBackup Machines.  Now the "Clients" tab is a "Source
Clients/Policy Type" tab.  Change the Policy Type to Exchange and click OK
and then you'll see your backups.

- Scott

Brian Chase <vaxzilla AT jarai DOT org>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
06/20/2003 08:05 PM