Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Install Oracle agent

2003-06-19 11:05:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Install Oracle agent
From: jvp10 AT yahoo DOT com (Jatin Patel)
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 08:05:45 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,
I am running Veritas NetBackup 3.4 on Solaris 8
I am trying to install the Oracle database extension.
I am following the steps exactly as in the install
guide. They are:
1. Log in as the root user on the machine.
2. Insert the CD-ROM into the drive.
3. cd /cdrom
4. Load and install the software by executing the
ote It is expected that the NetBackup version level
(for example, 3.4) running on the
local machine matches the version level of the
database extension being installed.
./install
Install NetBackup for Oracle on UNIX
The following prompt will appear:
Do you want to do a local installation? (y/n) [n]
a. Answer y.
You are presented with a menu of all database
extensions available on the
CD-ROM.
b. Select the NetBackup for Oracle option.
c. Enter q to quit selecting options.
A prompt will appear asking if the list is correct.
d. Answer y.
The following actions will occur:
 The version file, compressed tar file and
install_dbext script will be
loaded to directory install_path/netbackup/dbext.
 The install script will automatically execute the
install_dbext script.
 If the local machine is an HP11.00 64-bit machine,
you will be prompted as to
whether to install the 32-bit or 64-bit NetBackup for
Oracle on UNIX
package. The option you choose should match the type
of Oracle software
you installed. A remote install assumes that the
native package (64-bit) is the
one that should be installed.
 If install_dbext has successfully completed, there
will be a version file in
directory install_path/netbackup/ext/ that contains
the version of
NetBackup for Oracle on UNIX that was installed and an
installation
timestamp.