Veritas-bu

FW: [Veritas-bu] jnbSA problems with 4.5 upgrade to FP3

2003-06-18 21:43:01
Subject: FW: [Veritas-bu] jnbSA problems with 4.5 upgrade to FP3
From: Dwayne.Brzozowski AT mail.va DOT gov (Brzozowski, Dwayne)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 20:43:01 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Brzozowski, Dwayne
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 8:34 PM
To: 'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT ed'

It's not that I have restricted access, it's the standard way of running
commands here for security logging. I am the admin of this box and my sudo
privileges include ALL, meaning full root access. I just have to precede
every root command with sudo. I spent 5 hours on the phone last night, I
work the night shift, with Veritas. If I use the ip address of the master
server in the java gui, it works, except for running an inventory. They
haven't yet been able to tell me where NetBackup resolves the hostname for
java. The hosts file on the master server is fine, bp.conf is set correctly.
I even added the FQDN of the MS but that didn't work either. Also, the MS
has 6 different NICS, 3 gigs, 2 hme's, and 1 quad. I can use any of those
ip's and then I am able to log in. I have been told by Veritas that is a dns
issue, but that hardly seems the case. Don't know where to go from here,
except downgrading to plain 'ol 4.5

-Dwayne