Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] vault 4.5 question

2003-06-16 19:01:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] vault 4.5 question
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:01:12 -0500
4.5 vault does indeed have the smarts to avoid re-duplicating an
image that has already been duplicated.

But given that NetBackup 4.5 allows up to 10 copies of an image to
exist, Vault has to be a little more subtle than just counting how
many image copies already exist...

What vault does is examine the destination storage unit of the
duplication that is about to happen, specifically the VOLUME POOL
specified for that new image copy.  If the image in question already
has a copy that resides in that volume pool, then vault won't
duplicate it again.

(and if the destination storage unit happens to be disk, reread the
above two sentences but substitute "disk storage unit" for the phrase
"volume pool")

HTH
rob