Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exclude lists

2003-06-11 00:28:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exclude lists
From: WTSmith AT Maine DOT edu (Wayne Smith)
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 00:28:18 -0400
Mark wrote, in part:

> Can you change the user-directed backup to a scheduled one?  You could
> create a policy & filelist & exclude file.  Then use the "bpsched -IB
> -policy <policyname>" call to initiate a "scheduled" backup on demand.

(or on NBU 4.5, bpbackup -i ...).  But this requires action by an
administrator on an NBU server when the backup is needed.

I would love for Netbackup to have the capability to authorize a client
to initiate ad hoc interactive/manual "scheduled" backups. Coming from
ADSM/TSM/ITSM, that's an IBM capability we miss with Veritas Netbackup.
  cheers, wayne