Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] off sitebackup Challange Help needed

2003-06-10 16:34:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] off sitebackup Challange Help needed
From: prashant_secret AT yahoo DOT com (Prashant Desai)
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:34:50 -0700 (PDT)
Hi guys

   we are having around 20 Sun E220,5 Sun Netra, and
half a dozen WIn2000server , which is presently being
backup by a Netbackup datacenter v 3.4 & a quantum DLT
on a same Lan segment,

  now the problem is we would like to have an offsite
backup (for a disaster recovery ) now at remote
location right now we only have spare DAT-20/40 Gb
drive connected to a saperate Sun E220 server with
scsi cable ,  and This server is at remote location
(off site) and is connected to our central/main site
using a 3 E1 Links (WAN links of 6 MBPS)

  offcourse we are going to purchase required products
and additional servers and links etc too in near
future but it will take some time (2-3 months).

  so for time being have to do it using above
mentioned resources (i.e  single DAT-20/40 Gb drive
,Single Sun e220 server connected to central/mail site
using a 6 MBPS wan link) so would like to know what
are the options available in this scenerio ? and which
one is the best (efficient /reliable ) ?

   pls help me ,

regards
Prashant Desai