Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Successful with Redhat 9.0?

2003-06-09 15:13:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Successful with Redhat 9.0?
From: cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu (Casey J Feskens)
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:13:40 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Stephen Connellee wrote:

> ** Low Priority **
>
> I just upgraded a Redhat 8.0 box to RH 9 and now the client for NetBackup 4.5
> does not work properly because of the newer GLIBC library. Has anyone
> experienced this and if so, have you found a way around it? I have searched
> on the Veritas site and have found nothing with regards to this issue.
> Any help would be appreciated!

Stephen...

I fiddled with this for a couple of days awhile ago and determined that
it would not work.  Officially, Veritas isn't supporting RH9 yet, and
I couldn't persuade it to work, even with MP4.  I ended up having to
take my client back to RH8.

You would think that there would be an RH9 client in the works though...

Cheers,

Casey Feskens <cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu>
System Administrator/Network Svcs. Consultant
Willamette University, Salem, OR