Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cleaning job

2003-06-05 17:14:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cleaning job
From: John.Nardello AT T-Mobile DOT com (Nardello, John)
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 14:14:43 -0700
I had an L700 at my last job and it regularly cleaned its drives through
NetBackup 3.4 without any problems. I never setup cleaning through the library
itself, I just used frequency based cleaning through NetBackup. DLT 7000
drives. It did mean giving up a slot or two for the barcoded cleaning tapes
though.
Don't tell the library the tapes are special, and it'll treat them just like
any other tape.

John Nardello
T-Mobile: Enterprise Backup Group
Desk: 425-424-7742
"Your backups are only as good as your restores."