Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Excluded files for NT clients

2003-06-03 15:34:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Excluded files for NT clients
From: WTSmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 15:34:00 -0400
Donaldson, Mark wrote, in part:
> We're getting lot of Error 1's in my remote environment on my NT clients.
> I'm not normally and NT kind of guy so I'd appreciate if you'd share with me
> your list of excludes for NT.

My set, right or wrong, includes ...

*.tmp
*.swp
pagefile.sys
cache
cache4
parent.lock
qmgr?.dat
*:\Temp*
*:\WINNT\Temp*
*:\WINNT\Internet Logs\*
*:\WINNT\system32\Perflib_perfdata*.dat
*:\Program Files\VERITAS\Volmgr\misc\*
*:\Program Files\VERITAS\Netbackup\bin\bpdbm.lock
*:\Program Files\VERITAS\Netbackup\bin\bprd.d\*.lock
*:\Program Files\VERITAS\Netbackup\bin\bprd.lock
*:\Documents and Settings\*\Local Settings\Temp*

> I set these via the GUI, right?  I just can't create an .\exclude_list file
> in the NB dir, right?

That's right, the client GUI, server Admin Console or server command
line will list and set these and other configuration entries.

That's right, NBU on Windows does NOT use exclude_list file, but stores
this and the rest of the config in the registry.

cheers, wayne