Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] "Disk" Storage Units using ATA/EME Disk

2003-05-30 00:16:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] "Disk" Storage Units using ATA/EME Disk
From: sjacobso AT novell DOT com (Scott Jacobson)
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 22:16:49 -0600

--=_7629932D.3F5E0AFB

All,

I'm wanting to know from those using large Tb based disk based storage
systems (defined within Veritas DataCenter) if when configured
on/through a SAN/Switch if the backup data stream occurs over IP or over
FC.

I'm familiar with SSO which when configured will stream your data over
FC vs IP.

How do you configure the use of large disk based storage units to
stream over FC and not IP since SSO can not be configured for use with
disk based storage units?

Thanks,
Scott J.

--=_7629932D.3F5E0AFB

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="MARGIN: 4px 4px 1px; FONT: 10pt Tahoma">
<DIV>All,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm wanting to know from those using large Tb based disk based storage
systems (defined within Veritas DataCenter) if when configured on/through a
SAN/Switch if the backup data stream occurs over IP or over FC.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm familiar with SSO which when configured will stream your data over FC
vs IP.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>How do you configure the use of large disk&nbsp;based storage units to
stream over FC and not IP since SSO can not be configured for use with disk
based storage units?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>Scott J.</DIV></BODY></HTML>