Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Excluded files for NT clients

2003-05-29 15:45:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Excluded files for NT clients
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 15:45:58 -0400
The easiest thing to do would be to look in the reports, All Log Entries
for the servers and see what files are not getting backed up. Then add
those to the exclude list.
It's not always the same for different servers. In addition, unless you
are running a database agent backup, if the server has a sql or Lotus
db, you'd want to verify with the application administrators that the
db's are getting backed up another way. The most common thing to do,
with a sql db, for example, is for the database to be exported to a flat
file, then back up the flat file and don't worry about the database
itself.
Bob Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com

>>> "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com> 5/29/03 3:16:17
PM >>>
We're getting lot of Error 1's in my remote environment on my NT
clients.
I'm not normally and NT kind of guy so I'd appreciate if you'd share
with me
your list of excludes for NT.

I set these via the GUI, right?  I just can't create an .\exclude_list
file
in the NB dir, right?