Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] AFS Backups and the NEW_STREAM directive

2003-05-28 17:42:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] AFS Backups and the NEW_STREAM directive
From: kfhemness AT ucdavis DOT edu (Kathryn Hemness)
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 14:42:47 -0700 (PDT)
I've finally confirmed that the NEW_STREAM directive does
indeed work in an AFS backup policy if it is the first line
of the filelist.

One of the reasons why I had thought that the directive did
not work with AFS policies was that NetBackup executes an
AFS volume listing command and redirects the output to
/usr/openv/netbackup/listvol.  I thought that the backup
actually needed the listvol file for each stream's filelist and that
each "New Stream" was wiping it out.

It's very possible that NetBackup actually does overwrite the
listvol file with each NEW_STREAM, but the file doesn't appear
to be necessary for the actual backup of the AFS volumes.