Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup & Disaster Recovery for ISP pops

2003-05-25 18:18:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup & Disaster Recovery for ISP pops
From: prashant_secret AT yahoo DOT com (Prashant Desai)
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 15:18:44 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everybody

i am very new to the world of Backup and Disaster
recovery and seeking your guidence for the same.

we are a broadband internet service provider running
our services across 5-6 cities across the country ,All
the links from our upstream providers are terminated
at our Central location, from which distributes
badwidth to our POPs (Point of presence) locations ,
all our POPs are connected to our centrel location
using either 2 or 4 MBPS links depending on the
customer base @ the specific POP locations

Present Setup : all the application servers are
located at the central office and we are taking backup
all these servers using a veritas Netback for data
center version 3.4 & Quantam DLT.

Requirement :
now we are planning to move (using a replication of
directory server) (installation of radius/SMTP/POP
server ) few applications to different POP locations ,
so
we would also need to take backup of these servers at
POP location either from our central location or
locally at the POP locations ,

in addition to this we also planning to implement a
disaster recovery for this kind of setup , so
would like to have imput from your guide about how do
we plan and go ahead about this

warm regards
Prashant