Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Red Hat 9 client support?

2003-05-20 10:30:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Red Hat 9 client support?
From: rfcrace AT yahoo DOT com (Ryan Crace)
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 10:30:23 -0400
Tried getting this working as well.  Seems that RH9 (or more specifically
libc if I recall correctly) is now checking for non-threadsafe
accesses.  This goes away if the source includes <errno.h> and is
recompiled, but since we're not likely to see source for Netbackup any time
soon that's probably more for Veritas engineering to fix.  In the short
term, if you *had* to have this working, you should be able to modify the
source for libc and recompile.  Not sure if more problems would be unveiled
afterward, though.

Also, I believe I had to set the environment variable
"LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5" to get some of the executables to run (been a
while, but I think this was mostly the java stuff).

Hope this helps...

--Ryan