Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Reinstalling backup system, and make sure to keep catalog DB

2003-05-19 10:46:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Reinstalling backup system, and make sure to keep catalog DB
From: FPeretmere AT ADIC DOT com (François-Xavier Peretmere)
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 16:46:37 +0200

 No. Don't upgrade OS and NB in the same time. After installing
Solaris 9, install NB 3.4, shutdown NB and mount your old catalog
file system. Then test everything is OK.

 After that you could upgrade your NetBackup from 3.4 to 4.5 by
following the NB manuals.

 Obviously, don't forget to backup your NB DBs before doing anything.

 Amicalement.

--
#include <ADIC/std_disclaimer.h>
François-Xavier Peretmere  -  ADIC Europe, France.