Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing hostname of master server

2003-05-14 05:03:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing hostname of master server
From: Dave Markham" <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 10:03:18 +0100
There is a way to do this as i am planning to do it for a DR site.

the process i would adopt for my situation which other ppl may find problems
with or useful. ( comments appreciated ) would be :-

DR site backup server

1. Make a copy or /usr/openv directory to a different location eg /NBU.DR/

2. Remove the Netbackup software

3. Rename the backup server to be that of primary site

4. Reinstall Netbackup software

5. reconfigure with dr site clients

6. Now copy this new directory /usr/openv to a different location eg
/NBY.PR/

7. rm -r /usr/openv on dr site

8. rename machine back to man05 name

9. Copy back directory /NBU.DR/

10. Test dr site is working the way it was.

These initial steps should then enable us to do the following in event of a
DR

DR start

1. uninstall Netbackup software

2. rename machine to be primary backup server

3. copy in /NBU.PR/

4. recover primary catalogs  with bprecover -r  -dpath <path to ftp'd
catalogs from primary site>

5. Load tapes and start restore.

See if this helps :)

Dave