Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media Catalog List

2003-05-13 11:43:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media Catalog List
From: smohr AT ctsinc DOT net (Sean Mohr)
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 11:43:24 -0400
Thanks

Ill tell you what I am trying to do and maybe someone out there has way
of getting the info I am looking for

I am having ACL problems with NDMP restore of CIFS file systems on Win2K
servers

We are trying to determine where the ACLS are getting hosed up.  I
suspect its on the NAS device since in a NDMP environment, NBU just
moves data, it doesn't manipulate the ACL's to my knowledge.

I was hoping that the bplist would show me not only the files but also
the embedded ACL's for that CIFS file systems.

My master is a Solaris Host.

When I do the bplist even with the -nt_files options I see the files and
the typical UNIX UID/GID pairs, but I don't understand how windows
translates those into a proper ACL's during restores.

Any ideas, comments will be appreciated

Thanks

Sean