Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Unix Client Maintenance Pack

2003-05-06 10:11:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Unix Client Maintenance Pack
From: Jesse.Gardner AT storaenso DOT com (Gardner, Jesse)
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 09:11:42 -0500
My backup environment is currently entirely Windows.  We're going to begin
backing up two HPUX servers through my Windows 2000 NetBackup 4.5 MP4
Master/Media server.  The Unix guy who will be doing the client install
wants some documentation.  The actual client install seems pretty
straightforward.  But I'd like to get the clients up to MP4 as well, and am
not sure what procedures to tell him.

I've downloaded NB_CLT_45_4_M.tar
Do I need NB_45_4_M.hp_ux.tar?  The description of this file is "...provides
fixes for NetBackup Servers..."
Do I need NB_JAV_45_4_M.tar?  I'm not even clear what the "Java Console" is.
Is this a Java GUI client interface?  Or is it a NetBackup server interface,
which I wouldn't need?

Any suggestions appreciated!

Jesse Gardner
Information Technology-Midrange Systems