Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re:Questions on Netbackup Vaulting

2003-05-01 23:28:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re:Questions on Netbackup Vaulting
From: WTS AT Maine DOT edu (Wayne T. Smith)
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 23:28:18 -0400
vallish.s.anantha AT cgey DOT com wrote, in part:
> I then  created a new policy and selected Vault as my policy type.When this
> was done the button used to add clients got deactivated. I however
> went on to complete the schedule & files but was not sure as to what needs
> to be entered for the sessionid entry in the
> "vlteject -eject - report - [vault vault_name [-sessionid id] [-auto y|n]
> [-eject_delay seconds] that is needed to be part of the entry  in the files
> attribute.
> Do we need to have the enntries for vltrun and vlteject in the Files Tab.If
> yes what should they be like??

The "Files" entries are commands to invoke (vltrun) with a vault profile
(or robot/vault/profile triple).  The Policy "Clients" button is grayed
because it is not used.  Images are selected for duplication via your
vault profile.

> We need a retention period of 2 months for our daily incrementals and
> weekly full backups but Netbackup doesnt have any retention levels for 2
> months but One, Three,Six .... months etc. Is there a way i can specify
> retentions for 2 months.I noticed that there was no option to specify
> retention levels at the Policy level for a Vault type policy .

The retention level (0-24, or some such) periods are settable by you.
You just change one of your "unused" retention levels to "2 months".
bpadm will let you do this (see the "special actions" menu).

cheers, wayne