Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Our SDLT320 drives are only writing 4MBps

2003-05-02 15:48:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Our SDLT320 drives are only writing 4MBps
From: dritschel62 AT yahoo DOT com (Douglas Ritschel)
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 12:48:06 -0700 (PDT)
Our SDLT320 drives are only writing 4MBps while using
NetBackup.

However, when I write directly to the tape drive with
the following, the speed it 16MBps.

dd if=/dev/vx/dsk/var bs=1024k of=/dev/rmt/3cbn.

The disks that I am backing up and tape drives are
both directly attached to the NetBackup Master/Media
Server.

The Server is Solaris8, NetBackup 4.5 DataCenter MP3.
The disks and tape drives are scsi, directly attached.

So, it doesn't seem as though the