Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore jbpSA, Does anyone use this?

2003-05-01 17:33:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore jbpSA, Does anyone use this?
From: jmcdon23 AT csc.com DOT au (jmcdon23 AT csc.com DOT au)
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 07:33:05 +1000
Hi

Another variation is to install  vnc which doesn't send X11 traffic  across
the network.

It "displays" the X11 at the source then vnc client on the PC uses windows
to  paint the screens - also quicker for response times across a slow
network than X11.   I have found it to be the best way to improve all
remote display performance.

Its free and doesn't require any X11 terminal emulation on the PC

To get around  X11  or vnc forewall problems - tunnel it through SSH which
is a standard practise.
vnc & ssh are free.
Both ssh and vnc requires installation on unix  and PC client - vnc
installation is easily done and small

Regards
Jim McDonald

for such purpose.

JV <jv711 AT yahoo DOT com>@mailman.eng.auburn.edu on 01/05/2003 04:04:07 PM

Sent by:    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu