Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB45 vs BackupExec for ActiveDirectory backups and restores

2003-05-01 15:05:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB45 vs BackupExec for ActiveDirectory backups and restores
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 15:05:51 -0400
I'd be interested in hearing the results anyone has had with restores of
AD. We have never had a problem backing up the directory, but haven't
tried restoring it.
Bob Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com

>>> Kathryn Hemness <kfhemness AT ucdavis DOT edu> 5/1/03 2:50:52 PM >>>
Greetings --

Has anyone on this list done a comparison of Active Directory backups
from a
BackupExec server versus a NetBackup server (NB with or without the
addition of
BareMetalRestores)?

I am currently running NB45 MP2 from Sun Solaris 8 servers.  I'm pretty
sure
I will need at the very least get the Veritas BareMetalRestores addon
for the
Active Directory backups, but am also considering setting up a
BackupExec server
if it is truly superior for ADbackups and restores (especially disaster
recover restores).

--Kathy
kfhemness AT ucdavis DOT edu