Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore jbpSA, Does anyone use this?

2003-05-01 02:04:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore jbpSA, Does anyone use this?
From: jv711 AT yahoo DOT com (JV)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 23:04:07 -0700 (PDT)
I recommend bpadm over a 56K link. You can do about 90% of the Java
GUI tasks from bpadm.

My tip for other folks:

If you have a Solaris master with a cable/DSL setup from home, then
try this: run an Xserver/client like PC-Ware, eXceed, or Reflection X
to create a CDE login session on your master. Export your display to
your PC's IP:0. Then when you run jnbSA it's on your master, only the
display goes across the WAN.

Firewalls or VPNs may ruin this scheme, but figuring it out is left
as an exercise for you the SA. When I NEED jnbSA it makes it
tolerable. Running X over a WAN link is painful if not pathetic.

Similar results could be accomplished via Citrix Metaframe if you
have it.

JV