Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup and a Private Network

2003-04-29 16:59:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup and a Private Network
From: Robert_Thelen AT bankone DOT com (Robert_Thelen AT bankone DOT com)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:59:31 -0500
Good Afternoon, All -

I have a question for you ...

We are implementing a private network.  How can I get NetBackup configured to
use it properly?

History:
Right now, all backups are running across the public network.  The media server
communication is also across the public network and so is the media server's
metadata information about files it backed up.  During the nightly backups the
public network gets so clogged that I am dropping packets.

We want to create a private network that the media servers (only) will be
connected to.  That private network will be used for media server communication
to the master server and SSO servers and for metadata communication to the
master.  Currently, the ACSLS server will still be on the public network, but
there are plans to move it once all the media servers are using the private
network.

How do I configure NetBackup to use the private (non-routed) network for the
media servers and the public network for all else?

Thanks,

Rob Thelen
Storage Management
Bank One Card Services.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please
immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you