Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple media server vault setup in NB 4.5

2003-04-30 10:07:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple media server vault setup in NB 4.5
From: dbosen AT aglresources DOT com (David Bosen)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:07:01 -0400
I have a Solaris NB master server and two Solaris media servers that I
upgraded to 4.5 recently.

Each server has it's own tape library. I'm trying to get the vaulting
setup so that it will eject media from all three libraries on a single
run of the vault.  Is this possible to do? If not, how can I set it up
so that all three will eject cleanly.

I logged a case with Veritas and they recommended that I create a
separate vault and profile for each server/library. This is how I
currently have it setup, but the only server that ejects through
vaulting is the master server. How can I get the media servers to eject?
The manual does not go into any kind of detail about setting up multiple
servers.

If anyone has insight on this, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Bosen
AGL Resources - Atlanta, GA
404-584-4321