Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: NT Media Server - Drive Problem

2003-04-29 13:47:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: NT Media Server - Drive Problem
From: Mike.Wilkinson AT pegs DOT com (Wilkinson, Mike)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:47:07 -0700
My environment is using SCSI bridges too, albeit they are really old ones in
some cases. They may indeed be a factor in why our Netbackup people have the
NT media servers segregating to their own drives. I've gotten at least 5
drives between NT and UNIX media servers.

I guess the only way to really find out what if any limitations are here is
to do some experimentation. Our DR site is due to be upgraded to 4.5 FP3
soon, so perhaps that will be an opportunity to see what our limitations
truly are.

As an aside, how is device allocation (DA) controlled in a windows Netbackup
media server, and how does that communicate the status of shared storage
with UNIX media and master servers? I'm familiar with DA on the UNIX side,
but I have no experience on how it works on the windows side yet...

- MW