Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] catalog to master relationship

2003-04-28 17:44:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] catalog to master relationship
From: veritas-bu AT jasons DOT us (veritas-bu AT jasons DOT us)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:44:07 -0400 (EDT)
Does anyone here know exactly what needs to be the same when moving a
catalog to a new master server?  Is it the IP or name or both?  I have a
client who wants to have a secondary server in a different location act as
a warm standby for the master.  They have adequate bandwidth between the
buildings but the subnets are different.  If the machines have the same
name (or can be made to have the same name in the event of a failure of
the master) will NetBackup recognize the catalog on the warm standby if it
has to be used?

Thanks!

-Jason

-----
Jason K. Schechner  -   check out www.cauce.org and help ban spam-mail.
"All HELL would break loose if time got hacked." - Bill Kearney 02-04-03
---There is no TRUTH.  There is no REALITY.  There is no CONSISTENCY.---
   ---There are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS   I'm very probably wrong.---