Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 4.5 - how can I exclude certain direct orys

2003-04-26 23:33:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 4.5 - how can I exclude certain direct orys
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 21:33:56 -0600
exclude files are on a per client basis so you can exclude those directories
on the client that doesn't need them backed up & simply not exclude them on
the others.

For unix, create one of a couple files:
/usr/openv/netbackup/exclude_list (for all policies)
/usr/openv/netbackup/exclude_list.<policyname> (for just this policy)
..or..
/usr/openv/netbackup/exclude_list.<policyname>.<schedname> for only this
schedule in this policy.

place the directories, with no stray spaces or blank lines, in this file,
one directory per line.

For Windows clients, you can exclude files via the GUI.  Check the admin
guide.

HTH - M