Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] performance of the STK 9840B tape drive with the SunFire 4800 machine

2003-04-24 10:52:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] performance of the STK 9840B tape drive with the SunFire 4800 machine
From: Eric.Shafto AT drkw DOT com (Shafto, Eric)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:52:06 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C30A71.135CD849

If the card supports high speed PCI, then make sure it's in one of the
high-speed PCI slots on the 4800. If you're reading your data from some
other source than the HBA (local disks, another HBA) make sure it's in a
slot that's on a different PCI bus from that one. If you're reading it from
the same HBA, then you're really getting 120MBps, which is 960Mbps, or close
to saturating the Gb SAN.