Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: RE: Most useful logs/output for troubleshooting?

2003-04-24 10:52:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: RE: Most useful logs/output for troubleshooting?
From: Nathan.Fisk AT roc.celltechgroup DOT com (Fisk, Nathan (ROC))
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:52:41 -0400
Thanks for all the great responses everyone... Here's a quick summary of
what I have so far:

>bpdbjobs -report -all_columns
(sorted with Perl NBU Modules from pbnj-solutions.com)

>bperror -problems

>"Status Codes of the BOMBS and if at all possible, screenshots!"
(I should have thought of that!)

>"I would suggest that you start with installing the Java GUI on your
>workstation and then configure their servers to allow you to connect to
>them."
(I would definitely do this, but this would require authorization from the
other, higher ranking sysadmins, and since they rightfully fear anything
they don't understand...)

>"Run the ALL problems and the error reports. That should get you started
>in the right direction."

-Nathan