Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: SDLT220 Labels vs DLT IV Labels

2003-04-18 13:09:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: SDLT220 Labels vs DLT IV Labels
From: ksavage AT mail.sdsu DOT edu (Ken Savage)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 10:09:51 -0700
Yes there is a difference, DLT is six characters and SDLT is seven characters.
You may or may not be able to use your existing labels.  We did with one
exception,
cleaning labels.  Neither NBU or the tape library recognized the six
character cleaning
tape label as a cleaning tape.  Vendors where no help, even their own
manual stated
seven character cleaning tape labels required and their support said it
didn't matter.
If you need labels try http://www.issibusiness.com