Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Volume Pools and Barcode Rules

2003-04-15 14:32:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Volume Pools and Barcode Rules
From: Quarantine AT GSCCCA DOT ORG (Quarantine)
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:32:25 -0400
No idea where they're getting winzip from.  The format is tar regardless of
whether the filesystem is Windows or *nix.  I only back up Windows, though,
so I can't comment on mixing Windows and *nix backups on tape.  Seems like
it wouldn't be a problem, though.

I'm not clear on how the existing barcode rules work.  It seems your
colleagues have single wildcards going to multiple rules.  For example, UXA
goes to Unix_Archive and AFS_Archive.

You'll have no problems sending fulls and incrementals to the same pool.  If
you want to keep them on separate tapes, your solution of different
retentions will work.  By default, NBU will not mix retention periods on a
tape.  You can force NBU to do this, though, so you will want to confirm
that this hasn't been done.

Matt