Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Fw: Introduction and apology

2003-04-08 07:33:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Fw: Introduction and apology
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 06:33:48 -0500
James:

vmquery will be your best bet.

Media count:           vmquery -a -bx | tail +4 | wc -l
Media count in robots: vmquery -rn $robot_number -bx | tail +4|wc -l

For the last one...it will be rather difficult to be absolutely certain.

I always recommend that people use Volume Groups to track the location of
their media.  Volume Groups serve no other purpose than to make our
administration much easier, if we use them.

if that's the case then you can use vmquery to do that too

vmquery -v $volumegroup -bx | tail +4 | wc -l

if not, then you have to figure out what method he/she used to track those
media in the first place.

If it was by Volume Pool, for example, then you can query by Volume Pool,
but Volume pools do not guarantee they are ALL in the same location.

David

David A. Chapa
DataStaff, Inc.
312-683-1144