Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU/RMAN reporting: broken?

2003-04-06 22:07:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU/RMAN reporting: broken?
From: ssesar AT rcn DOT com (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 22:07:00 -0400
I'm just starting to use the NBU extension for Oracle, which is linked to a
certain degree with RMAN.

I may be wrong, but it appears to me that there is no way to accurately tell
if an RMAN backup actually succeeded or not from NBU. It doesn't appear to
have any knowledge of RMAN error handling, at all.

What are folks doing out there to compile daily reports from NBU/RMAN? What
I'm interested in knowing is:

SID:
Sched:
Start Time:
End Time:
MB Written:
Media ID(s) Written:

I can get some of this directly from RMAN, but, in particular, the media ID
seems elusive.

--Steve