Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] [Veritas-bu]nonroot access & jnbSA busted

2003-04-03 22:23:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] [Veritas-bu]nonroot access & jnbSA busted
From: jmcdon23 AT csc.com DOT au (jmcdon23 AT csc.com DOT au)
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:23:36 +1000
Hi

Digressing to "I hate the Java gui too":

I wasted a lot of time with this as well - used VNC to fix the problem.
It is a good way of getting around problems like this.
VNC displays the java gui locally on the server and sends back a MS painted
window to the PC screen
i.e. doesn't require X11 terminal emulation on the PC.

Even useable on a modem pity that some the functionality of the jnbSA is
busted.

On the original story - it seems that a few people have the problem.
Still awaiting some info from the vendor

Regards
Jim McDonald

This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use by the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or personal information and
may also be the subject of legal privilege. Any personal information
contained in this email is not to be used or disclosed for any purpose
other than the purpose for which you have received it. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained
in it. In this case, please let me know by return email, delete the message
permanently from your system and destroy any copies.

Marijan Rupcic <marijan AT defcen.gov DOT au>@mailman.eng.auburn.edu on
04/04/2003
12:13:24 PM

Sent by:    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu