Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] error 96 unable to allocate new media for backup

2003-04-03 18:57:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] error 96 unable to allocate new media for backup
From: veritas-bu AT jasons DOT us (veritas-bu AT jasons DOT us)
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 18:57:31 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Khalid Maqsudi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I added a few new tapes to the storage unit and I'm getting the error
> message.
>
> (96) unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none
> available.
>
> Does anyone know what needs to be done to correct this problem.  Thanks.

Make sure there are available tapes in the right storage pools and keep in
mind that by default NetBackup will not mix retentions on the same tape.

-Jason

-----
Jason K. Schechner  -   check out www.cauce.org and help ban spam-mail.
"All HELL would break loose if time got hacked." - Bill Kearney 02-04-03
---There is no TRUTH.  There is no REALITY.  There is no CONSISTENCY.---
   ---There are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS   I'm very probably wrong.---