Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Reuse Arcserve tapes with Netbackup 4.5

2003-04-03 17:51:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Reuse Arcserve tapes with Netbackup 4.5
From: Steven.Bally AT radisys DOT com (Steven.Bally AT radisys DOT com)
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:51:41 -0800
--=_alternative 007D883188256CFD_=

All,

I have a new Powervault 136T with 3xSDLT drives, I am also converting from
Arcserve 2000 to Netbackup 4.5 MP2 running on Win2k.  I want to reuse
tapes that were written to by a DLT 7000 drive using Arcserve, and keep
getting Error 84 codes.  Is it possible to reuse these tapes?  Can I
somehow format them so they can be used???  We have a bunch of media like
this and we would like to reuse it.

Any and all help would be much appreciated

Steve Bally
Network Administrator
RadiSys Corporation
www.radisys.com
Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com
Desk: 503-615-1207 Cell: 503-970-6201

This electronic message (Email) contains information which may be
confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The
information is intended to be used solely by the named recipient(s). If
you are not a named recipient, any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited. If
you have received this transmission (Email) in error, please notify me
immediately.
--=_alternative 007D883188256CFD_=

Roman"> <br>
I have a new Powervault 136T with 3xSDLT drives, I am also converting from
Arcserve 2000 to Netbackup 4.5 MP2 running on Win2k. &nbsp;I want to reuse
tapes that were written to by a DLT 7000 drive using Arcserve, and keep getting
Error 84 codes. &nbsp;Is it possible to reuse these tapes? &nbsp;Can I somehow
format them so they can be used??? &nbsp;We have a bunch of media like this and
Any and all help would be much appreciated<br>
Steve Bally<br>
Network Administrator<br>
RadiSys Corporation<br>
www.radisys.com<br>
Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com<br>
Desk: 503-615-1207 Cell: 503-970-6201<br>
This electronic message (Email) contains information which may be confidential,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended
to be used solely by the named recipient(s). If you are not a named recipient,
any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this transmission or
its contents is prohibited. If you have received this transmission (Email) in
error, please notify me immediately.</font>
--=_alternative 007D883188256CFD_=--