Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] nonroot access & jnbSA busted

2003-04-01 22:05:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] nonroot access & jnbSA busted
From: jmcdon23 AT csc.com DOT au (jmcdon23 AT csc.com DOT au)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 13:05:21 +1000
Hi

Actually not all busted only Media Management.
jnbSA version 4.5 GA
OS AIX 5.1

Question:
Is it busted or is this normal behaviour?
I would have expected "No  authorisation entry exists ...." as per p384 of
the  NBU 4.5 System Admin Guide for Unix.

Set up nonroot access as per manual by setting up an admin group and
running all the options i.e. allowing nonroot access to all of admin
functionality - all looked OK.

appended the line
me ADMIN=ALL JBP=ALL
to    ,,.openv/java/auth.conf
where   'me' is my user ID.

Start up the admin console logon as 'me'
all looks but going into
Media and Device
     ->Media
        -> Volume Pools
Right Click on Volume Pools to Inventory Robot
A new menu pops with "Loading Data from <server>"
and just sits there forever presumably attempting to

AS ROOT all is OK
This also  occurs on another server

Also tried
appended the line
me ADMIN=MM
to    ,,.openv/java/auth.conf
Yes it gave only a Media Management view but still behaved in the same
manner.

Regards
Jim McDonald

This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use by the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or personal information and
may also be the subject of legal privilege. Any personal information
contained in this email is not to be used or disclosed for any purpose
other than the purpose for which you have received it. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained
in it. In this case, please let me know by return email, delete the message
permanently from your system and destroy any copies.