Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] .SeCuRiTy.n files in / on Solaris

2003-03-04 12:51:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] .SeCuRiTy.n files in / on Solaris
From: CJManders AT lbl DOT gov (Christopher Jay Manders)
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 09:51:53 -0800
The pattern is consistent, at least. If you have to check out tape headers to
assure they are NBU, using dd, you will see they have some TaPe HeAdEr (or
some such) naming convention.

Since we use /root has the home for root, such clutter never seems to make its
way into / on our Solaris and Linux machines. If you have a non-/ root home
you can then isolate such things that tend to be written to root's home from
cluttering up the OS.

Just my $.02

Cheers!

Chris