Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media Errors

2003-03-04 11:11:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media Errors
From: JGlancey AT CNTUS.JNJ DOT COM (Glancey, John [NCSUS - NON J&J])
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 11:11:48 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2E268.C24A14CA

Master server (SAN attached) with 5 SAN attached media servers, all running
Windows 2000 server.  Running 3.41_2 Datacenter.

Occasionally, we have bad media in our library and receive errors 84, 85 or
86.  Looking in the NBU settings, it appears that NBU will try 2 times in 24
hours.  I use multiplexing and get tons of messages when I have a bad tape.

Is there some way I can have NBU try with another tape once it receives its
first error and not continue to try and fail?

John Glancey
jglancey AT cntus.jnj DOT com

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2E268.C24A14CA

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2655.35">
<TITLE>Media Errors</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Master server (SAN attached) with 5 =
SAN attached media servers, all running Windows 2000 server.&nbsp; =
Running 3.41_2 Datacenter.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Occasionally, we have bad media in our =
library and receive errors 84, 85 or 86.&nbsp; Looking in the NBU =
settings, it appears that NBU will try 2 times in 24 hours.&nbsp; I use =
multiplexing and get tons of messages when I have a bad =
tape.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Is there some way I can have NBU try =
with another tape once it receives its first error and not continue to =
try and fail?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">John Glancey</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">jglancey AT cntus.jnj DOT com</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C2E268.C24A14CA--