Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] weird one - import media

2003-02-28 15:06:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] weird one - import media
From: Tim.McMurphy AT telus DOT com (Tim McMurphy)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:06:54 -0700
Ok I've imported media in 3 versions of Netbackup and this is a new one on
me. It is also apparently a new one for Veritas because in 2 days they still
can't figure out what's going on.

While they and I continue our search I thought I'd ask the list (probably
should have done that first).

Our system: NBU 3.4_4a, Sol 8, 8-DLT 7k & 2 LTO gen1 (all working) with 100
LTO tapes that work and 400 DLT tapes.

I was given 3 LTO tapes from another site to import. Easy.

I add them to media manager no problem. It sees them as media type "hcart2"
in volume group 01_000_TLD which is correct and the same as all our other
LTO tapes (DLTs go in 00_000_TLD).

I try and do a phase 1 import and device manager sits with a "request
pending" forever because the density field is "dlt".

Now the only place it says dlt is in the Storage Units definition.

So why is device manager not seeing the tape density correctly?

Any ideas no matter how strange will be welcome.

Thanks